cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transmit data when B-L072z powered with batteries

SChav
Associate

I want to power my B-L072Z (all in one LoRa module) with battery. i am able to power the board but not able to transmit/receive data. What should I do. Tell me any solution asap.

Thank you.

Regrd,

Sagar

4 REPLIES 4

>> What should I do.

Instrument the code, output diagnostic via a UART, and figure out what's happening.

The boards work with batteries, work out what you're doing wrong.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A1mniaSQA/not-able-to-send-packets-with-battery-powered-for-bl072cz

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you@Clive.

But I am not doing any extra thing. I just burned the Sample code (Given by semtech). Packets are transmitted successfully If I power the board with USB cable(Through PC).

But it doesn't work if I remove the USB power and insert the Batteries as a input power source.

Please help me out.

Regrd,

Sagar

Solution:

From UM2115 User manual "Discovery kit for LoRaWAN™ and LPWAN protocols with STM32L0": 

"If the board is supplied by CN13, by battery or by CN11, SB37 must be removed to release the RESET pin managed by ST-LINK. In that case the ST-LINK is no more powered."

Hello.

I have the same problem but removed SB37 didn't solve it.

Is there something else to resolve it in order to use BL072z only with battery ?

Thanks a lot !