cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use a GUI I previously developed with TouchGFX in my CubeMX 5.0.0 project?

Clark Sann
Senior

I have previously developed a somewhat complex GUI using TouchGFX 4.9.3. I was never able to get it to build using either TrueStudio or SW4STM32. So I was pleased to see that you were going to integrate TouchGFX into CubeMX.

Using the new CubeMX 5.0.0, I have been unable to figure out how to incorporate my previous GUI. It appears that CubeMX is forcing me to develop a GUI from scratch. I can do this if I have to but I am hoping there is a way to utilize my previous GUI.

2 REPLIES 2

​Hi Clark,

It is possible to import a gui from another project into the current project.

This is done by opening the TouchGFX Designer and go to Edit -> Import GUI.

Please note that this will overwrite the current GUI and that the versions of the TouchGFX projects must be the same.

The import function only imports files that are located in the gui/ and assets/ folder.

If source files are located outside the gui folder these must manually be copied into the new project.

Updating the old 4.9.3 TouchGFX project is done by simple opening it with TouchGFX Designer 4.10.0 and saving the project.

Regards

Anders

Clark Sann
Senior

Thank you for this information. Your information helped me to import my old GUI into a new project.

Unfortunately I am continuing to be unable to build my project. When I build, I get the following errors:

0690X000006CYviQAG.png

I get these same errors when I create a simple TouchGFX GUI rather than import my old GUI.

I am also going to attach a zip of my project in case it helps. Would it be best for me to address these build errors in a new topic?