cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX5 seems totally useless for developers with high DPI monitors :(

vml
Associate III

Currently text all over the GUI is VERY small!

Is it possible to make text of CubeMX 5 to be bigger for 4K monitors as it was in CubeMX4?

Who can easy read any text from such interface I wonder (see screenshot). The only advantage of CubeMX5 seems to be GUI (I did not found in explanations about v5 any other big changes) but GUI was made really worse because of total ignorance of high DPI :(

If this is a bug and not a design decision then how such things are reported to ST? Is there somewhere bugreporting service for CubeMX?0690X000006CUIrQAO.png?

17 REPLIES 17
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I raised your issue internally to CubeMx team for check and we will come back to you soon.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Similar complaints raise 2 years ago, please get someone in UI QA a 4K monitor

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkfPjSAJ/stm32cubemx-on-uhd-4k-display-clock-configuration-diagram-too-small-to-see

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vml
Associate III

So you are saying that this is not a design decision. Is there any bugtracking place for ST's software? Or ST does not need clear feedback management from people?

Because in issue

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkfPjSAJ/stm32cubemx-on-uhd-4k-display-clock-configuration-diagram-too-small-to-see

Imen DAHMEN (YOU) have said to community

"I will reportyour issue to our CubeMx teamfor checking and will come back to you as soon as possible."

And community have not seen you on that question since you have said that (November 7 2017) 😉

This question will be treated the same way I wonder!?

I am asking this not with balming background but from practical point of view in mind ... If next time we can discuss this problem will be with CubeMXv6 in 1 year then we need a way to downgrade to CubeMXv4 right now! Because this issue with CubeMXv5 make this version useless for developing with good monitors and I can not find action in CubeMXv5 to downgrade to CubeMXv4 :(

Can ST give us a link to last CubeMXv4 for the time while highDPI is not supported by CubeMXv5?

P.S.

More money developers put in good professional development process ... less developing comfort we have as a result ;). I mean buying good monitor for professional development gave us much less usability with CubeMXv5.

I think it sould not be so and this is clearly a problem of developed CubeMX v5.0.0. I am basing my thoughts on fact that ST puts resourses in better GUI usability for users of CubeMX. Or I am wrong?

>please get someone in UI QA a 4K monitor

It would be better to allow users to set scaling factor for text. Why UI designers frequently think that they know how good different people can see the same size text?! This is rediculously strange assumption!

VYare
Associate II

CubeMX is the only piece of software i'm using now that isn't scaled properly for UHD screen. Starting with version 5 you can choose between unreadable text or blurry mess (using W10 compatibility settings). Either way it is not only painful to use but even look at.

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi @JH.1ike​ ,

We are currently updating the GUI to fill well on small UHD screens.

It will be helpful if you can give your screen size and resolution.

Please try also to put a bigger text setting 125 or 150% it may help you

I'm experiencing same problems as the topic starter. Systemwide UI scale factor does absolutely nothing - it doesn't change the text size, it keeps same physical size on the screen. The only way around is per application compatibility mode, but the text gets blurry and it is hard to read it whatsoever.

Resolution: 3840x2160 (recommended), diag: 27", scale: 150% (recommended).

300% scaling, 1.5mm text height:0690X000006ClFBQA0.jpg

150% scaling, 1.5mm text height:0690X000006ClFGQA0.jpg

Hi @VYare​ 

Fonts size settings will be available in a coming release and we are fixing the GUI to fit well the UHD screens

Hi Nawres!

>We are currently updating the GUI to fill well on small UHD screens.

Small and UHD is usually opposoite. Mine display is 28''

>It will be helpful if you can give your screen size and resolution.

Well you can clearly get resolution from my screenshot 🙂 ... well everything is very typical ... 4K monitor with (3840x2160)

>Please try also to put a bigger text setting 125 or 150% it may help you

It does not. I already have 150% at Win 8.1.

0690X000006Cpu3QAC.png