cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPOST: From TouchGFX application to Embedded code with Keil

QUESTION - TouchGFX Community repost - Christian Tavilla - April 2018

Hi,

I'm new in TouchGFX environment and I developed my first GUI. 

The second step was entering in the embedded system (STM32F469 - disco) with keil to add my C code.

I controlled a LED adding in tick function of model.cpp del BSP function BSP_LED_On(LED1).

Now, I modified BSP library (stm32f469i_discovery_lcd.c) automatically added by TouchGFX generating code because with respect to the original library it misses in some function, i.e.  BSP_LCD_DisplayStringAt(x,y, *Text, alignMode).

I compile my project with display string function without problem but when I program the microcontroller I do not view any "Hello world" text on board display. Something is shown but not a character. 

Why? Is there a Layer that overlap my text?

The final goal of my project is to read a sensor through I2C communication and print the result on display as text.

In your tutorial, I saw about wildcard and updating it in visual studio (Making Your Application Come to Life) but in this video you only simulate the temperature measure incrementig a variable and do not interface with real system.

Do you have other tutorial for this topic? I read on the web that it is a very common request.

Thanks in advance,

CTa  

ANSWER - TouchGFX Community repost - Flemming Gram Christensen - April 2018

Hi Christian

Do you plan to use BSP_LCD_DisplayStringA and TouchGFX in the same program?

This will not work as they are not coordinating who is drawing in the framebuffer.

To present a value on the screen, you should use a TextAreaWithWildcard.

You can find help here:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205074561-Connecting-the-UI-to-your-system

This example shows how to get an ADC value to the ui:

http://ftp.draupnergraphics.com/TouchGFX/Examples/HardwareIntegrationSTM32F469Eval.zip

Regards

ANSWER - TouchGFX Community repost - Christian Tavilla - April 2018

Thanks,

I tried to use the example but there is an error.

It say that button ON OFF image is not located in asset/image folder (see image attached).

0690X000006CUI8QAO.png

Next, I copied and pasted "Blue_Togglebars_Toggle_round_large_button_Off.png" and "Blue_Togglebars_Toggle_round_large_button_On.png" in the image folder. I choosed them in TouchGFX (see image attached) but continue to have error.

0690X000006CUIDQA4.png

I use TouchGFX Designer 4.9.2 and when I opened the project it says me to upgrade because was realized with an older software version.

Same compilation error there is if I open Visual Studio solution.

Could you provide me an example for my touchGFX version and keil target please?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

ANSWER - TouchGFX Community repost - Anders Nedergaard Petersen - April 2018

Hi Christian,

It appears that the project contains more than one images in assets/images with the name "Blue_Togglebars_Toggle_round_large_button_On.png"

0 REPLIES 0