cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPOST: Porting STM32F429 Discovery to DPI-based TFT-LCD from SPI interface

QUESTION - TouchGFX Community repost - Winston - Sep 2017

Hi,

I am trying to port the STM32F429 Discovery board to use RGB interface instead of SPI which the board is programmed to do so. From the schematic, it looks like the built-in LCD is wired for RGB, SPI and DBI interfaces meaning I only need to rewrite the firmware. Could you please guide me on how can I do this? 

Currently, I'm trying by creating a project using TouchGFX Designer using STM324x9I-CUBE which is actually a STM32F429 EVAL since it has the same MCU. I know I also need to rewrite the init for the SDRAM but my thinking is that I can skip this for now since I only want to get the LCD working first so the internal RAM should suffice for a blank screen (240x320 and eventually 320x480 LCD).

Kindly advise,

Thanks in advance.

Winston

ANSWER - TouchGFX Community repost - Winston - sep 2017

Okay, I made a mistake thinking that the discovery board runs its 2.4" in SPI mode for image transfer. Apparently, the display controller ILI9341 in the LCD requires settings change via SPI in order to run in RGB mode. I got confused with another LCD that I have that does not require any settings change via SPI (only has RGB pinouts). 

Now I need to modify the existing ILI9341 init code to work with the ILI9488 controller that I am having then it should work in RGB with the existing TouchGFX example for the disco board. 

0 REPLIES 0