cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will STM32CubeH7 1.4.0 be released?

patrislav
Associate II

Hi,

I'm waiting for 1.4.0 due to lack of LL drivers in 1.3.0.

According to the thread linked below, 1.4.0 was planned "beginning of 18Q4", is there a new roadmap or release date when we can expect it?

Currently it's holding us back from using the H7 at all.

Best regards, Patrick

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkbYxSAJ/stm32cubeh7-missing-the-ll-lowlayer-api

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello @patrislav​ ,

Unfortunately, there was a delay in delivering this version, which cannot be available publicly before end of 19Q1. Sorry for such inconvenience.

For further details, I advise you to contact your local FAE.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello @patrislav​ ,

Unfortunately, there was a delay in delivering this version, which cannot be available publicly before end of 19Q1. Sorry for such inconvenience.

For further details, I advise you to contact your local FAE.

Khouloud.

ranran
Senior II

Hello,

Is there an update for the actual release date ? We are starting a new project and not sure if it is better to wait for the new release.

Thank you,

ran

Hi @ranran​ ,

The release date for STM32CubeH7 1.4.0 is planned for end of 19Q1.

Unless you need the LL drivers, you may start your project using the 1.3 version.

Khouloud.

Thank you for the information, Khouloud.

I hope it is planed to add an .ico reference file in the examples (it's especially important with tree clock).

Best regards,

ran

Can't you infer the clock setting from the function, without making everything a CubeMX project? And yet low level functions are critical.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Right, I will do it. I just thought it can also help if there is ico reference for each example.

WNybe
Associate

We are now past the end of Q1 2019.

Is there any new information regarding when a new Cube version containing the LL drivers will be released?

The 1.4 code is tied to other things which aren't released. If you have specific need for the LL stuff you really should be talking to your local FAE or sales reps, and providing you with expected timelines for product releases, and beta code/apps.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
marbel
Associate II

Im in the same situation as the original poster. I need the HRTIM in a package with alot of extra GPIOs. And as the CubeMX library version 1.3.2 seems to have alot of issues i am considering using the STM32F334R8TX instead despite its limitations.