cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how go in production using murata module with SIGFOX credential

LPizz.19
Associate II

Starting from ST EVMboard "B-L072Z-LRWAN1" I made my PCB with the murata module "CMWX1ZZABZ-091" (LoRa/Sigfox). To put my board to work, I have done the "id request procedure" with success, the same as I did for EVMboard.

Now I am plannig to go in pre production and after that in mass production.

Since I use the "murata module", I have to program in it the ID + PAC one by one.

I have read some documents from sigfox and I think we need the "Modular approach" (simpler than "Full approach"), but I am a little confused.

In my case which is the way to get ID + PAC + KEY for mass production?

I would like a simpler and faster way than what I went through for the EVMmodule.

Are there any other peolple who have already gone through such process?

Thank you and best regards

Luca Pizzini

1 REPLY 1
ALaza.2
Associate

I'm in the same dead end like Luca. We made good working prototypes with the Murata module CMWX1ZZABZ-078 and all was fine until we reach the 20 devices limit. For the first 20 devices it was easy you load the signature of the device on the Murata website you get back an encrypted header file you compile that and it works.

After 20 devices thing get really nasty - Murata is telling you to go to Sigfox which has different process (with many ropes and pulleys) and you have to go trough many sigfox webpages (with different logins) CRA page, support page etc.

After all this struggle you realize that the process is different and the files you get are not exactly what you expect.

hence the simple question

How do you get/flash the credentials for more than 20 devices with Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-078 based on the example software written by ST Microelectronics and to work with Sigfox?

What's the process?

Aurelian Lazarut

PS - I really don't expect anyone to answer after seeing the same question was asked on Nov 2018 but it worth a try. We are really worried to use this technology going further.