cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from a dual line output MASTER SPI (or MASTER Quad-SPI) camera?

Hi,

I am doing tests with some CMOS cameras and in one of them, GC0310, the communication interface is SPI, not DCMI, but with one SCK output and two data outputs. The camera continuously sends the frame of the image.

The information in the datasheet of the manufacturer is quite limited, but noting the description of the pins and the configuration of the camera, the communication seems to be Quad-SPI master, sending SCK and two data outputs, D0 and D1, but could send up to 4 outputs.

Looking at the AN4760, I saw no option or example of that quad-SPI peripheral as slave, where the microcontroller receiving the clock and data continuously, so I was in doubt.

After sending the configuration, which is done through an I2C, the camera keeps sending the clock and the data continuously.

My question is if anyone knows some method of reading for this type of SPI or has a suggestion to read through other peripherals. I'm using an STM32H743.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

You can use two SPIs in slave mode and interlace the result in software. Don't expect real-time performance, though.

JW

Worked, thank you!