Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the TrueSTUDIO folder?

turboscrew
Senior III

0690X000006CT5wQAG.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When "Generate Under Root" checkbox is set the code generator doesn't create the TrueSTUDIO folder.

When "Generate Under Root" checkbox is not set it creates a TrueSTUDIO folder and places the project files, the startup file and syscalls.c there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please describe the scenario that you followed in this case and which STM32CubeMX version is used, so that it will be easier to reproduce it.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
turboscrew
Senior III

I don't remember the scenario - I was busy with something else for a week or so.

CubeMX was 4.27.0 and Atollic was 9.1.0 (and they still are the used versions).

The TrueSTUDIO folder contains "startup_stm32f427xx.s" and folder "cubemx".

The cubemx folder contains folder ".settings" and files ".cproject", ".project", "cubemx.elf.launch" and "STM32F427ZG_FLASH.ld".

Sounds like some kind of backup, but could be something else too.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I cannot reproduce your case using STM32CubeMx version 5.0.0

Can you please check if this issue is reproduced with the last STM32CubeMx version 5.0.0

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I'm sorry, but I don't think so. I don't have the time.

It happened at work.

On the other hand, there seems to be no harm of it.

I try to check if it's just a backup when a new (fixed) project was generated on top of the old.

Yes, they look like backup - telling by the file dates.

WBOUG
Senior

Hello @turboscrew​ 

I can not answer your question until I have more details.

Please send me your ioc file so you can tell the difference between 4.27 and 5.0.

Best regards,

Wael

When "Generate Under Root" checkbox is set the code generator doesn't create the TrueSTUDIO folder.

When "Generate Under Root" checkbox is not set it creates a TrueSTUDIO folder and places the project files, the startup file and syscalls.c there.

WBOUG
Senior

Hello @After Forever​  @turboscrew​ 

I tried with cuibeMX 5.0.0 and it works to perfection as you want

try on your part and once you find a problem contact me.

I will always be at your service and your availability at any time

Best regards

Wael

Thanks!!