cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

various defines stop working from includes

Jerry Hancock
Associate II

OK, I'm going crazy.

stm32f4xx_hal_def.h is included in just about every file. Defined in this header is Hal_StatusTypeDef - Not found when compiled. I made no changes that could have impacted this. Prior to Hal_StatusTypeDef not being found, I had others that were not found. Even when I moved the define right in front of the lines of code where used! At first I thought it had something to do with an include loop, but I can't find it. I've tried cleaning, etc.

Any ideas? This all started with one project but I've had others go off the rails like this as well.

Thanks

Jerry

3 REPLIES 3

You mean HAL_StatusTypeDef? C is case sensitive. Copy/paste is a good friend but a bad enemy.

JW

Jerry Hancock
Associate II

it's not that, I might have typed it in wrongn here.

I found something last night, or this morning around 2am, about the sequence of includes. Something might have changed in the latest version or version -1. When I reloaded sw4stm last night, it must have picked up the new version.

The thread I found over at Openstm32 was called "include madness" and it describes my problem exactly. It has to do with including stm32f4_hal.h from main.h because it is was already started to be included from stm32f469i_discovery.h or somewhere else in the chain. So the person proposed a change to include files.

The other issue is all the stdint.h entries have now disappeared in the same mess. I should have left well enough alone.

Jerry

Probably need to invest in a better class of tools.

Check the Include Paths passed to the compiler, including the order of them

Check the defines called out in stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h

Check the defines passed to the compiler, USE_HAL_DRIVER, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..