cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, Does VL53L0X have ROI unit? How do I use SPAD unit in VL53L0X? Does VL53L0X show single measurement? I want to obstacle detection at around 10 cm. If I use vl6180x, do I get the results as a nearest object? Thanks.

muratkoc_ee
Associate II

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Does VL53L0X have ROI unit? No. The only TimeOfFlight sensor from ST with an ROI is the VL53L1X.

How do I use SPAD unit in VL53L0X? The SPAD array on this chip is pretty much all or nothing. As there is no lens on the device, the light is not directed and there is no way to tell from where the light came.

If I use vl6180x, do I get the results as a nearest object? On all the ST ToF sensors (VL6180, VL53L0X and the VL53L1X), the photon distances are averaged. This technique will get more photons from the nearest, biggest object, so you will get a weighted average. So it's pretty close to the nearest object, but not quite.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

Thanks.