cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32CubeMX bug] Cancelling the migration dialog removes the project from the recent projects list

martonmiklos
Senior

Title says almost all:

I have had a project which needs support package migration. I hit cancel and the project disappeared from the home screen and the File -> recent projects menu as well.

I am using 5.0.0 version on Linux

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @martonmiklos​ ,

Which STM32CubeMx version is used?

Can you please share your ioc file to check your case.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

I am using 5.0.0 on Linux, but it happens on OSX as well according to my colleauge.

I have sent the ioc file to you via e-mail. Please let me know if you have not received it!

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @martonmiklos​ ,

Thank you for sharing your ioc file. This will help our CubeMX team to check and reproduce the case.

We will keep you informed about the taken actions or explanation if needed.

Kind Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @martonmiklos​ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want to continue without migration you should press continue and not cancel.

it is normal that project disappear if you press cancel.

plz feel free to contact me for further details.

regards,

Houda

I still think it should not be removed from recent.

i think you handle the following two scenarios the same:

• If I open an ioc which is not in the recent list and I press cancel it should not add to the recent list.
  • But if I open an file which is already in the list and hit cancel it should not be removed.

Hi,

"Recent" is for recent opened project.

When you press cancel before starting project it is not considered as opened that's why it is not available on recent files.

Regards,

Houda

Ok. Lets define the recent projects list as any project which had been already ever.

I have opened a project when it matched the CubeMX version (no migration was necessary).

I upgraded the CubeMX (which triggers the project migration at next opening)

I have opened the updated CubeMX, selected a project from the recent menu.

When the Migration dialog came up I changed my mind: I wanted to commit (before opening) to git just to be sure.

In this case the project should not be removed from the list.

The definition of the recent project is still valid because it had been opened by the CubeMX before.