cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the difference among operating modes in magnetometer of LIS3mdl in terms of the number of samples used to generate each output sample?

RTous
Associate

What are the difference among operating modes in magnetometer of LIS3mdl in terms of the number of samples used to generate each output sample?

For example, I found that in ISM303DAC the number of samples used to generate

output sample is four times less in Low-Power mode than the number used in

High-Resolution mode. As you know the operation modes in ISM303DAC and IIS2MDC are just two modes including low power and high resolution, but in LIS3MDL there are 4 different modes of LP, MP, HP and UHP. 

So,,

1- please let me know these difference in terms of number of samples per data output. 

2- In addition I want to know if there is any difference in resolution of operating modes? For example if I select the Low power mode in LIS3mdl with +-2Gauss range, how would be the resolution in other modes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

We do not share number of samples used for averaging, but we provide information about the RMS noise in different modes.

0690X000006CVJbQAO.png

The resolution is the same for all modes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

We do not share number of samples used for averaging, but we provide information about the RMS noise in different modes.

0690X000006CVJbQAO.png

The resolution is the same for all modes.