cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil uVision + ST HAL Drivers + ST USB CDC Middleware port to GNU GCC

XDesc
Associate

Dear all,

I am on the process of switching to GNU GCC for compiling an already working project. Most of the functionality has been tested. There is a failing test though: The USB VCP drivers do not seem to perform good.

The client side (PC-Windows) is tested and working using Overlapped serial port (tests performed with loopback achieve max. throughout without hiccups).

The board code was developed using Keil uVision and compiled using ARM compiler V6.9 (also tested at max. throughout without problems). Now, I switched to GNU Tools ARM Embedded v7.0 compiler. Tried disabling all optimizations but still the same failure: after several (random) packets sent from client to board, the client is unable to send any single char more to the board. The board is still able to send packets, but the debugger shows no sign of receive (and the client serial handler is also timing out).

I cannot think of any piece of code that might be useful but, should anyone be keen on looking into it, I would gladly share it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

Xavi

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

​Keil USB middleware is not free (even like beer), so porting it may raise legal issues.

ST's free USB VCP example is known to work well, so try to debug it. To begin with, check heap and stack sizes.

-- pa