cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unico: no interrupt tool

sara h.
Associate II

​I am working with STEVAL-MKI109V3 and STEVAL-MKI180V1 (Lis3d). After finally getting the drivers and firmware etc. sorted so that the device is recognised by Unico, it seems now that Unico is not showing the complete set of tools: in particular I am missing the interrupt tool. Any ideas on how to get this to show up? I am attaching a screenshot of my Unico - note that the interrupt (and some other tools) are missing on the left hand side. 

Unico GUI Version 7.0.0.0

Firmware Version V2.30.3

5 REPLIES 5
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

The interrupts are not supported in current version of Unico.

Interrupt window is usually used for threshold interrupt, free fall detection, ... these features are not available in LIS3DHH so this window is not available in Unico.

​Hi Miroslav,

thanks for your quick reply.

I am not sure I understand correctly: Unico does not support this at all? is there a different version of Unico that does support interrupts?

Also, do I understand you correctly that even though the LIS3DHH has 2 interrupt pins (see attached datasheet), they are never used? Can they be used in any way?

If the problem lies with the LISDHH, are there other accelerometer evalboards that have the intterupt functions? I wanted to test postential threshold values to later be used with a LIS3DHTR, can you recommend anything to be used here?

Thanks for you help!

​Postscript:

Say, if I used a STEVAL-MKI105V1 (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mems-motion-sensor-eval-boards/steval-mki105v1.html) instead of the STEVAL-MKI180V1, which has the 'complete LIs3DH pinout' according to its data sheet, would I be able to set and read out the interrupts with Unico?

The interrupts on LIS3DHH work fine, you can use them.

The Unico doesn't offer you dedicated window (with settings and chart for INT pin status) for this sensor, because it is not supported so far (in Unico software), but you can configure the interrupts in register map and check the status for example using the LEDs on the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board.

For LIS3DH Unico offers dedicated window for interrupts, see picture below:

0690X000006CPLMQA4.png

Hi Miroslav,

thanks for your reply - I got the MKI105V1 now, and can set the interrupt registers in Unico. that was the easiest option, I think 😉