cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFT LCD drivers for TouchGFX?

NNar
Associate II

I am looking into using an STM32 with TouchGFX to drive a 2.4" TFT LCD. The LCD will have some type of internal driver (ILI9340/ILI9341/ST7789, etc). Are there drivers for these already? Or is this relatively standard (I doubt)? Or do I have to write my own?

Any good app notes/docs/tutorials that explain this properly?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello @NNar​ ,

Both ILI9341 and ST7789H2 are components of boards offered by ST. That is why you find their drivers in the STM32Cube package.

• STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.13.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\st7789h2
  • STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\st7789h2
  • STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\st7789h2
  • STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\ili9341

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

NNar
Associate II

Thanks Amel. Where do I find those. I have the latest version of CubeMX and don't have a Drivers or BSP directory anywhere.

Also, where is the documentation for this, and also if I need to use some other LCD that's not ILI9341 nor ST7789?

Thanks

You need to download the relevant STM32Cube packages or install them in your local repository based on STM32CubeMX. Then, you will find the drivers under the paths I provided.

-Amel

PS: With STM32CubeMX V5, there are new STM32Cube versions delivered for STM32F4 and STM32F7.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

NNar
Associate II

Okay, I needed to install other Cube packages for the F7 and L4, and now I see the directories. Is there documentation that explains how to use these drivers? And how to use them for my own boards (IE: not using the discovery board)?

Thanks.

Several documents (user manuals, application notes) are available either in STM32CubeF7 or STM32CubeL4 pages:

-Amel

NNar
Associate II

Thanks Amel, but I don't see anything related to TouchGFX in those docs. What is the AN or UM number for that specific doc?

Thanks.

ASili
Associate II

Hello,

I am new to STM32F4 family and programming also, I am trying to run a custom board with 2.4" TFT display. Display includes ST7789vi chip and I have imported some code to run the display. Printed screen is always short even I set the size to 240x320. I can only print 240x255 and rest of the screen is blurry. It seems that all the screen is initialized but I can't drive the rest of the screen. Can you please advice what could be the issue? Is it caused by stm32 software or display IC configuration? They both seem ok unless the FMCBANK needs to be updated for higher line count.

Waiting for your kind response.

Best regards

sasha
Associate III

Hello, I was wondering if you got your display with ST7789V driver chip working with TouchGFX? I am also designing a product with STM32F7 and a 2.8" screen with the same driver, and would be grateful for any tips and tricks you found in getting it working!

Warm Regards,

Sasha.

Hello Sasha,

Actually I couldnt get it work with touchgfx. My lcd has st7789vi same as st7789v and I found the driver of st7789v on st website and adopted it to my display. I am using it with cubemx freertos output.