cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to configure the ST25R3911B chip to send NFC url message only without reading? We would like to use the high-power gain capability of the chip with iPhones.

claudiocc
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

no this is not possible. ST25R3911B does not do card emulation. Please read carefully my previous answer.

ST25R3911B can only talk as Reader/Writer to an iphone - accessing the iphones payment/loyalty card emulation.

The only way to provide an NDEF to an iphone is by being/implementing one of the NFC Forum tags. E.g. using ST25TV/DV, or ST25TA

Thanks, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B is mainly a reader/writer. It can read/write NDEF URI from/to tags. If the other device is a peer device it can also can send NDEF to it (e.g. Android mobile).

All these options requiring transmitting and receiving data. I fear I don't understand your comment "without reading".

AFAIK the iphones don't support P2P - they can only emulate payment/loyalty cards and read the content of NFC *** to T5T.

(https://www.bluebite.com/nfc/iphone-nfc-compatibility)

This means the direct interoperability of ST25R3911B with the iphone is currently limited to the ST25R3911B accessing/talking to the card emulation of the iphone (payment/loyalty cards).

Regards, Ulysses

claudiocc
Associate

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks a lot for your answer. So the ST25R3911B can be configured to generate a card emulation for the iPhones? How so? We would like to read a simple NFC content (Url website) with the iPhone...

Thanks again!

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

no this is not possible. ST25R3911B does not do card emulation. Please read carefully my previous answer.

ST25R3911B can only talk as Reader/Writer to an iphone - accessing the iphones payment/loyalty card emulation.

The only way to provide an NDEF to an iphone is by being/implementing one of the NFC Forum tags. E.g. using ST25TV/DV, or ST25TA

Thanks, Ulysses