cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Compensation LSM303C

RLens
Associate II

Dear Sir / Madam,

For our application there is a temperature range of -20 to +50 degrees celcius. However, over the complete range of temperature I would like the system to be within 0.1 degrees accurate.

Due to the temperature drift in the sensor, this is not possible at the moment. Would it be possible to receive a temperature compensation look-up-table for each sensor that we buy, or is there production line hardware available that could quickly allow us to calibrate each product we sell?

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rick

7 REPLIES 7
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

No, we don't have loop-up table and we are not able to provide calibration of your devices.

RLens
Associate II

What would be the best way for us to calibrate our products? Is there any hardware or algorithm you recommend for a quick calibration? We are talking about 10.000+ products / year. What would be a good alternative MEMS that does not require this re-calibration?

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

This is quite complex topic, which would need deeper analysis.

It is not clear from your question, what exactly do you want to measure (tilt, heading, ...)?

I suppose heading, for this accuracy 0.1 degree will be very difficult to achieve ( I would say impossible with MEMS sensor). So the main question is if MEMS sensor is suitable for your application.

You can try to send the question through Online support (https://my.st.com) and get to a field application engineer who can better investigate your particular project.

RLens
Associate II

Thank you for your reply, the heading is not important to us. The tilt (roll and pitch) of the vehicle (while not moving / accelerating) is what we would like to measure.​

Op di 20 nov. 2018 10:59 schreef ST Community :

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

I though you want to measure heading because you use combo device LSM303C accelerometer with magnetometer.

If you want to measure tilt please check LIS3DHH, it is probably the best sensor for tilt measurement, with very low noise, high accuracy and excellent temperature stability.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/mems-and-sensors/accelerometers/lis3dhh.html

RLens
Associate II

Thank you for your fast response.

For 5000 pieces, the price for the sensor that we currently use (LSM303C) and the LIS3DHH is very big. Would there be a sensor available that is more in the price range of what we are currently using?

Kind regards,

Rick

Op wo 21 nov. 2018 om 09:53 schreef ST Community:

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

I'm not marketing guy so it would be better to send the request to the Online support.