cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911b - Estimation of Power Consumption

scag
Associate II

I'd like to get an idea about the power consumption of the ST25R3911b when RF field is switched on. In the electrical characteristics i found several input currents, but I think none of them includes power needed by the RF field. Anyone an idea on how calculating power consumption depending on transmitter settings?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

finding this in the basement:

There is no straightforward way to measure or calculate the power consumption of the chip while emitting an RF field.

The power consumption depends heavily on the used antenna and the used matching. Also as soon as a load is brought into the field the power consumption will change.

Please also refer to AN4974: Antenna matching for ST25R3911B/ST25R391x devices. In chapter 3.1 Reader output power some more details can be found.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FDi R.14
Associate II

Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing, weren't you able to find a way to do it?

scag
Associate II

Hi.

No, unfortunately I couldn't find a way to do it.

Sorry..

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

finding this in the basement:

There is no straightforward way to measure or calculate the power consumption of the chip while emitting an RF field.

The power consumption depends heavily on the used antenna and the used matching. Also as soon as a load is brought into the field the power consumption will change.

Please also refer to AN4974: Antenna matching for ST25R3911B/ST25R391x devices. In chapter 3.1 Reader output power some more details can be found.

Regards, Ulysses