cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass store device for the STM32F7VIT device.

MANISH
Associate II

Hi,

We are using the STM32F7 device and we interfaced the NAND fash device through the SPI to the controller. Now we want to access the NAND flash device through the PC directly by using the FAT file system . Without using the device drivers in PC. What are the option we need to select in the cube mx.

4 REPLIES 4

Hard to say if there's a magic button

You'd need to manage blocks on the media, add FatFs so you can use it on the STM32 side, and then a separate USB-MSC so the PC can access the same blocks.

In 2018 I'd likely be considering the use of an eMMC over SPI/NAND so I didn't have the performance of a snail.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

Now i had selected the Fat file system and USB as mass storage class . But how to combine the SPI drivers with the Filewrite operation . And one more if the NAND flash device has to detect in the PC , what are drivers we need to manage.we are new to developments of the pc detectable memory device.

I don't use CubeMX, I can code and stitch boilerplate together without such tools.

>>we are new to developments of the pc detectable memory device.

Perhaps familiarize your self with block storage devices, and file systems. Review how data and files are stored on a USB flash memory drive or Micro SD card..

The MSC/USBSTOR type device presents like a SCSI hard drive or CD/DVD ROM, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for the reply . I had seen the file management and data storing the in the flash memory . Now we wants to make small pen drive kind of thing what are implementation we need to do.I had tested the flash memory individually and the USB individually it is working fine (in device mode ) . How we interact with PC Directly to write and the read file .