cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there significant differences between sdk version 1.32 and 0.7.2 in the given code?

BWolf
Associate III

Hi,

currently I am trying to realize the instructions of the guide which is included in the current download version 1.32 , but after executing erything eclipse showed me that there are errors. The sample code which is included in the pdf file does not match with the reader name which given by the download file.

In the pictures of the instruction they use st25sdk-0.7.2 can you please check if there is a wrong version in the download package?

EDIT: I have copied the example file and no compiling errors occuring.

But I can't execute the file then a lot of error messages appear (see picture above)

Did I forgot something?

Picture 1, 2

0690X000006CLxKQAW.jpg

0690X000006CLwCQAW.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

there is no major API difference between st25sdk-0.7.2 (used to create st25sdk-1.0.0) and st25sdk-1.3.2. You can find the release history in the changelog.txt file at the root of the SDK package.

The UnsatisfiedLinkError run-time exception that you are seeing on the top picture indicates that the dll for the ST readers (CR95HF-board or ST25R3911-Disco) cannot find needed dependencies. You probably already followed the instructions in paragraph 5.c of the ST25PcDemoApp_software_guide.pdf file:

1. Copy resources (dlls) in your project folder
  2. In Eclipse, update the Java Build Path to find those dlls. Edit the Native Library location to point to the folder you just copied (Don't forget to refresh your Eclipse project after copying files):

0690X000006CMHgQAO.png

Now, when running your program from Eclipse, you also need to edit the run configuration to include the path to the dlls in the PATH variable (see paragraph 5.e of the software guide). To do so, right-click on your program name in the Project Explorer, then select "Run As..." > "Run Configuration". Then, in the Environment tab, add a "path" variable with the value: ${project_loc:YOUR_PROJECT_NAME}\resources\windows\x86\;${env_var:path}

This path will vary, depending on where you copied the resource files (in "resources/windows/x86" for the example above, different from the path in the software guide). This is probably the reason why the dependencies cannot be found.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Regards,

Damien

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

there is no major API difference between st25sdk-0.7.2 (used to create st25sdk-1.0.0) and st25sdk-1.3.2. You can find the release history in the changelog.txt file at the root of the SDK package.

The UnsatisfiedLinkError run-time exception that you are seeing on the top picture indicates that the dll for the ST readers (CR95HF-board or ST25R3911-Disco) cannot find needed dependencies. You probably already followed the instructions in paragraph 5.c of the ST25PcDemoApp_software_guide.pdf file:

1. Copy resources (dlls) in your project folder
  2. In Eclipse, update the Java Build Path to find those dlls. Edit the Native Library location to point to the folder you just copied (Don't forget to refresh your Eclipse project after copying files):

0690X000006CMHgQAO.png

Now, when running your program from Eclipse, you also need to edit the run configuration to include the path to the dlls in the PATH variable (see paragraph 5.e of the software guide). To do so, right-click on your program name in the Project Explorer, then select "Run As..." > "Run Configuration". Then, in the Environment tab, add a "path" variable with the value: ${project_loc:YOUR_PROJECT_NAME}\resources\windows\x86\;${env_var:path}

This path will vary, depending on where you copied the resource files (in "resources/windows/x86" for the example above, different from the path in the software guide). This is probably the reason why the dependencies cannot be found.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Regards,

Damien

BWolf
Associate III

Hi Damien,

Thank you for your help, now I'm receiving different messages like displayed below. I think they're caused because there are problems with the java libraries jdk/jre. I don't know exactly how to fix that.

0690X000006CMJrQAO.jpg0690X000006CMJmQAO.jpg0690X000006CMJhQAO.jpg0690X000006CMJcQAO.jpg

You cannot navigate the source code inside a library, that's why you're seeing in the first NativeMethodAccess window.

For the Launching error, could you please show the content of the Problem log? In the Window Menu, click on "Show View", then "Problems". Also, could you share the exception stack dump if there is one in the console?

By the way, if you want to remove the hard path to the resource files in the Run Environment, you can set your path value to: ${project_loc:ST25PcDemoApp}\resources\windows\x86\;${env_var:path}

BWolf
Associate III

Hi damien,

"You cannot navigate the source code inside a library, that's why you're seeing in the first NativeMethodAccess window."

How and what should I do to navigate the source code to the right place (whis is the right)?  ( sorry never worked with java before)

I've changed the hard path like you've sudgested and attached the log and exception stack dump.

Also I've attached other settings that might be interesting

0690X000006CMQTQA4.jpg0690X000006CMQOQA4.jpg0690X000006CMQJQA4.jpg0690X000006CMQEQA4.jpg0690X000006CMQ9QAO.jpg

Thanks for your help

ben

Hi Ben,

I will send you a private message to continue the debug.

Cheers,

Damien