cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program STM32F427IGT6 using STM32CubeProgrammer?

Rafael Paz Oliveira
Associate II

Hello,

I'm having trouble trying to program a STM32F427IGT6  uC using STM32CubeProgrammer command line or the API , sometimes it identifies the uC but never allows me to program it.

I'm missing something? Should i download an external package for this family, or run a different command line?

Regards

Rafael Paz Oliveira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rafael Paz Oliveira
Associate II

Indeed it was a bug, it was solved on version 1.2.1 of STCubeprogrammer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Connectivity via ST-LINK (SWD/JTAG), USB (DFU) or USART (SERIAL)?

>>I'm missing something? Should i download an external package for this family, or run a different command line?

Honestly know very little of your specific context with regard to board, connectivity, etc.

The app uses Java. What command lines are you using, what feedback is the application giving you?

Do ST-LINK Utilities work on the board with an ST-LINK? Does a Segger J-LINK work better/different?

For USART/USB connectivity the System Boot Loader is going to have sensitivity to clock sources, and specific pin interfaces being active and others being quiet.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

I'm using USART to program it with the following command line:

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=COM1 br=57600 -rdu -d "file.hex" -v

I only get feedback when i use the API version,I don't the board with me right now, so as soon as possible I'll get it and post it.

Other thing when use STFlashloader everything works fine, the command line for this application is the following:

STMFlashLoader.exe -c --pn 1 --br 57600 -i STM32F4_27_37_29_39_2048K -p --drp -d --fn "file.hex" --v

Rafael Paz Oliveira
Associate II

09:47:27 : Activating device: OK

09:47:27 : Chip ID: 0x419 

09:47:27 : BootLoader protocol version: 3.1

09:47:37 : Serial Port COM1 is successfully opened.

09:47:37 : Port configuration: parity = even, baudrate = 115200, data-bit = 8,           stop-bit = 1.0, flow-control = off

09:47:38 : Timeout error occured while waiting for acknowledgement.

09:47:38 : Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again... 

this is the feedback

What happened in the 10 seconds between it identifying protocol 3.1 and opening the port (again)?

The connectivity is a one-shot deal. You need to restart the board before each connection attempt.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rafael Paz Oliveira
Associate II

Nothing happened in that 10 second window.

When i tried using command line, i got the following result:

0690X000006CNztQAG.png

At first it connects to the uC and them it throws an "std:out_of_range" so, any thoughts?

Rafael Paz Oliveira
Associate II

Indeed it was a bug, it was solved on version 1.2.1 of STCubeprogrammer.