cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running STMCUFINDER in 64-bit Linux (Opensuse)

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Hello,

recent STMCUFINDER installs without errors on Opensuse Leqp-15.0. Running as in the 32 or 64 bit ennvironment however gives:

LANG=C linux32 ./STMCUFinder

chdir /devel/STMCUFinder/.

current dir /devel/STMCUFinder

Error: Unable to initialize main class com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.StandaloneMcuFinder

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/plaf/windows/WindowsLookAndFeel

bon@hertz:~/devel/STMCUFinder> LANG=C ./STMCUFinder

chdir /devel/STMCUFinder/.

current dir /devel/STMCUFinder

Error: Unable to initialize main class com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.StandaloneMcuFinder

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/plaf/windows/WindowsLookAndFeel

I tried many combinations, including download and stlall of Orace jre and switching to that alternative, with no different error:

# update-alternatives --config java

There are 3 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection   Path                                      Priority  Status

------------------------------------------------------------

0           /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-10-openjdk/bin/java     2005     auto mode

1           /usr/java/latest/bin/java                  1        manual mode

* 2           /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk/bin/java  1805     manual mode

3           /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-10-openjdk/bin/java     2005     manual mode

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello Uwe,

I will escalate this issue to our MCU finder experts, and one of them will come back to you later to provide more help.

I wonder if the same issue is faced with STM32CubeMX (which embeds an MCU Finder) or not?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Installing Cube goes fine and starting a new project starts the STMCUFINDER fine Is there a way to start STMCUFINDER direct from the STM32CubeMX directory without first starting CUBEMX?

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

will be fixed in a next release