cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32 input capture timer

Amine cheriti
Associate II

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is any existing example to configure low lever(without using the abstraction layer) an input capture with a timer using a STM32F3 board? If so where could I find it?

Thank you very much !!

3 REPLIES 3

Do you mean using the LL part of Cube, or with direct register accesses?

Timers are pretty much the same across the whole STM32 range (except the most specialized features of the advanced timers) so examples for other families have a high chance to work, too - of course with taking into account the differences in GPIO AF matrix.

JW

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi Amine,

You have the following choices:

1. AN4776 (General-purpose timer cookbook): https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/91/01/84/3f/7c/67/41/3f/DM00236305/files/DM00236305.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00236305.pdf
  2. Ready to use example with Nucleo-F334 available under: STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32F334R8-Nucleo\Examples_LL\TIM
  3. you develop your own example with LL-drivers and based on a project that you generate with STM32CubeMX.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amine cheriti
Associate II

Thanks a lot the second one was exactly what I was looking for.

I'm using a stm32f373 eval but I'll use this example to buid my own low level input capture module.

Thank you!