cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and where to create Binaries folder in TrueSTUDIO

mandrake
Senior

I am new to Atollic TrueStudio V9.1.0 on Win XP Pro SP3. I can create and build new project but Debug does nothing. I do not see the Binaries folder in the Project window. How and when and where does the Binaries folder get created?

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @mandrake​ ,

• You need to check the "Debug Configuration" (Run > Debug Configurations...) . From the "Debugger" tab, select the suitable Debug probe (ST-Link, Segger J-link...)

0690X000006CLbsQAG.png

• In order to generate the binary file with the build, you have to update "Build Settings" (Project > Build Settings). Go to "Tool Settings" tabe, Then in "Other", select the output format you want:

0690X000006CLbiQAG.png

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

mandrake
Senior

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both. No joy.

Here is the build command.

13:03:23 **** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project Project001 ****

Info: Internal Builder is used for build

arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c ..\Libraries\STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_Driver\src\stm32f4xx_pwr.c -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu11 -DSTM32F4XX -DSTM32F40XX -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -I../src -I../Libraries/CMSIS/Include -I../Libraries/Device/STM32F4xx/Include -I../Libraries/STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_Driver/inc -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -fstack-usage -Wall -specs=nano.specs -o Libraries\STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_Driver\src\stm32f4xx_pwr.o 

13:03:23 Build Finished (took 204ms)

Can you spot what is missing that prevents the Binaries folder from being created?

mandrake
Senior

btw, how did that university name appear in my forum ID instead of the preferred Community Member?

How can I change my forum ID?