cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong pins. How and Why is my L6205 still working?

FGala
Associate

Hi Everyone, I've been using the L6205 IC on my robot pcb for at least a year to control 2 motors, but only today i discovered that i am using the wrong pins to drive them.

Let me explain this better: i am using a LAP mode to control every motor so, for the motor driven by the bridge A, i connected ENa to HIGH and IN1a to PWM and IN2a to the same but inverted PWM (Same thing for the other motor in the bridge B). This is the standard configuration for Locked Anti Phase mode, and everything works as it should.

Today i discovered that i made a HUGE MISTAKE: I switched IN2a with IN1b and OUT2a with OUT1b.

I am guessing that each motor is being controlled by half of bridge A and the other half of bridge B. And each bridge is being controlled by two different halves of pwm. A TOTAL DISASTER.

How is it possible that I was ( and I still am ) able to control the motors speeds and directions indipendently by changing my pwms duty cycles as if I had not made a mistake and I have never noticed any strange behavior?

0 REPLIES 0