cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem Openocd on linux for STM32 processors

MMett
Associate III

I installed openocd for debugging STM processors according to this blog: https://www.carminenoviello.com/2015/07/13/started-stm32f746g-disco/

(Building OpenOCD).

It worked fine on my old workstation, as it did on my laptop. On my new workstation I can compile and install openocd. But if I want to start openocd:

openocd -f '/path/to/stm32f7discovery.cfg'

I get a error:

/usr/local/bin/../share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f7x.cfg:155: Error: invalid command name "stm32f7x.dap"

in procedure 'script'

at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 60

at file "/home/ARM_LINUX/stlink3/openocd/tcl/board/stm32f7discovery.cfg", line 12

at file "/usr/local/bin/../share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f7x.cfg", line 155

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Probably a mixture of old files and new version of openocd, had same problem some days ago.

I'd suggest to uninstall openocd first and check for any leftover cfg files, remove the sources, re-fetch and re-build.

BTW Might be more appropiate to post this to openocd mailing lists?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Probably a mixture of old files and new version of openocd, had same problem some days ago.

I'd suggest to uninstall openocd first and check for any leftover cfg files, remove the sources, re-fetch and re-build.

BTW Might be more appropiate to post this to openocd mailing lists?

MMett
Associate III

Thank you Andreas! This solved my problem, and saved a lot of time for me! To be honest, I didn't know exactly where to ask the question. This forum made the most sense to me. How does it work with the Openocd mailing lists? I've never read about it before.