cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSPIN32F0 - Motor fails to spin after align function

Amrit Singh
Associate II

I am really stuck while using STSPIn32F0 and I am really hoping someone here can help me move forward.

I made a board that has the same schematic as the steval spin3201, with some minor changes:

• Sense resistor changed from 2x 2mOhm to 1x 4mOhm
  • Different Mosfets, single gate resistance of 75 Ohm
  • Current Amplification changed (attached)0690X000006CJWWQA4.png

When I start the motor using STMotor Control Workbench, the motor spins about ~45 degrees and stops. At that point: Either I see a speed feedback error on the computer or the MCU stops receiving commands from the Computer - I have to reset the MCU using the reset push button then.

I scoped all three high side gate terminals of the Mosfets and I saw this: 0690X000006CJWqQAO.png

There is an initial push and then nothing.

Can someone please tell me what could be going wrong?

I have a 12V-250W-550RPM motor.

On a side note. I have the STESC001 eval, that I used to profile the motor and use that in making this code, the motor ran fine in the profiler using the 'play' option.

If needed, I can upload the schematics here.

Firmware: I am running the absolute stock firmware generated by the Motor Controller Workbench. I simply connect to the board using UART and try to start the motor / use the push button on the board. Both give the same result.

Edit: The motor stops moving after executing the Align function, it seems like the FOC bit fails to execute, do I need to add anything in the Main() function for it to go through ?

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards