cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743: errata sheet reports a bug impacting FDCAN

michael from rentron
Associate II

STM32H743: errata sheet reports a bug by using both CAN-Interfaces (CANFD), is this bug

still valid for currently manufactured silicon or fixed ?

9 REPLIES 9

Does it attribute it to Rev Y silicon? Because that relates to most everything currently shipped.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
michael from rentron
Associate II

Thanks for that info, i wil check it tomorrow when i'm back in office,

The Rev X might be available as an engineering sample, you would need to discuss your specific issue with the FAE servicing your account.

Rev Y has been on all the NUCLEO-H743ZI boards I have in stock. I have an old EVAL board with an earlier Rev Z part.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
michael from rentron
Associate II

Good evening from here, thanks for further clarification.

The error comes up by using both CAN at the same time, because they are sharing the same

memory buffer - so i understand the errata sheet. For me, it's not important when the bug exists

today - i'm just at the beginning regaring the H7-chip - but it's very important to know, that people

working to fix this issue in a later silicon - otherwise it would be a bit waste of time, because i need

both CAN's in the future - may be in a couple of months... When this becomes true, i can survive

easely for the time beeing. Only the current workaround proposed is not what i would call so:

"do not use both CAN at the same time"...

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @michael from rentron​ ,

As indicated in the Errata-sheet, this limitation will be fixed in the next Silicon revision.

Khouloud.

michael from rentron
Associate II

Hi Khouloud,

Thank's for this information, i've not seen by reading the sheet, but anyway this solves the problem.

Michael.

Hi Michael,

It's indicated in the "Summary of device limitations" table:

0690X000006CJeQQAW.png

where “-�? means "limitation absent".

You're always welcome and in case you have any other questions, do not hesitate to post them here in our STM32MCUs forum 😊

Khouloud.

When might we expect to see Rev X silicon in the wild?

Hi @Community member​ ,

All information regarding the new silicon revision will be communicated in ST website.

If you need any details urgently, you may contact your FAE.

Khouloud.