cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to write the ".dfu" file

YDENG.9
Associate II

hello,

Now, I am using the STEVAL-IME009V1, i want to write the ".dfu" file of my own demand .Do you have related datas to offer?

Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6

ST has a DFU Manager application which can generate a .DFU file from hex or binary files. The format is also documented in an app note.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32080.html

The STM32 Cube Programmer also supports USB/DFU programming now too. https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Several HEX to DFU tools also exist.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
YDENG.9
Associate II

Thank you very much! I have download DFU,now , i need program the Hex file firstly.😁

YDENG.9
Associate II

Sorry,I have another problem . ​The STEVAL-IME009V1 has not "JTAG"downlod mode. that means i just can download program by USB . I want to know that how to program let STM32 control FPGA to generate Sine Wave. I look up some datas from the Internet, there is the PS mode to realize my purpose. but i don't know how to program specifically.

thanks a lot!

YKim.17
Associate II

Hello. 

I am currently trying to use STEVAL-IME009V1 (STHV-800) also. 

Did you get any solution to modify the dfu file?

It would be helpful if you have any solution.

Thank you, 

Younghun

This is a 3-year old thread.

What modifications does the .DFU file need? If you already have access to a HEX/ELF to DFU conversion you might want to look at the linker script as to what data is placed where, or dropped from the file.

ST has DFU packaging tools.

The DFU format is documented, not particularly complicated as object files go.

If you need something more specialized, such things could be constructed with suitable funding.