cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet driver in STM32Cube did not implement PTP interface

Jxudong
Associate

I'm a developer of the open source system zephyr, I need to implement PTP in Ethernet, but I found that stm32f4xx_hal_eth of STM32Cube did not implement PTP interface. Why not add this part of implementation,I request to implement the PTP interface in stm32f4xx_hal_eth of STM32Cube

4 REPLIES 4

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkYXsSAN/stm32f427-ptp-implementation

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Does this mean that the PTP interface will not be implemented in the near future?

They've been touting IEEE-1588 support for the better part of a decade, I think there was an app note and code in the distant past. Perhaps integrated with LwIP. Best hope realistically would be to port functionality from some other platform using the same IP vendor.

I'd imagine if you were a compellingly large client you could hold their feet to the fire, and have them find a time-nut on staff with the competence to pull off a viable/well-conceived API and time-transfer method.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..