cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOR STM32H750 QUADSPI, the two banks can work independently?

yyong
Associate

FOR STM32H750 QUADSPI, the two banks can work independently? can I use bank1 with a nor flash for XIP, bank2 with a nand flash for data?

3 REPLIES 3

My interpretation of the docs says NO.

The Dual bank interleaves two identical devices, or dual die packages, to increase bandwidth/throughput.

Suggest you ask your FAE

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Not simultaneously: XIP implies memory mapped mode, and this mode requires both devices to have same capacity, same command for read, same number of dummy clocks *AND* a linear address space ...

Of course it's possible to use these alternatingly, as you can select whether to use flash 1 only, flash 2 only and both. But to access the data in NAND flash, you would have to use code in the *internal* flash only and reconfigure the QuadSPI each time, that's probably not what you want to do.

BTW It does hardly make any sense to use memory mapped mode for a NAND flash, as those don't have a linear address space but row/column with column sizes not a power of two (or you have to sacrifice the spare area). Indirect read/write is no problem, of course.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

It is not possible to use two banks independently.

As alternatif, we suggest to use SDMMC with an emmc for data storage.

PS: Please, try to put a summary in "Question" field then details in the body.

I edited your question putting a title that you may change if you want.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen