cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Present Password Using FedmIscReader

RBala
Associate

Hi ,

Using FedmIscReader im tring to read / write to the M24LR04-R sector block .

Before write operation i need to present the password for each sector.

I found Data sheet for M24LR04-R , It has some custom command for present password for M24LR04-R.

can you guide me how to sent those command through FedmIscReader or present password through FedmIscReader . because using M24LRxx_Application_Software can able to present the password.

In that application , has OBID USB-Driver files . same SDK only im using for my application for comminucating the M24LR04-R.

I'm using .net c# for delevelopment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

FEIG ELECTRONIC supports some ST-custom commands on a selection of their readers. In particular, the following M24LR commands are supported on several devices (ID ISC.LR2000, LR2500, MR/PR101. LR1002, MR102, PRH102 and PRH200):

• RF command code 0xB1: Write Sector Password
  • RF command code 0xB2: Lock Sector Password
  • RF command code 0xB3: Present Sector Password

There are at least two ways to send custom commands using a FEIG ELECTRONIC reader:

1. The easy way to go is to use the FedmIscTagHandler class for the M24LR tag. Check FEIG's C++ FEDM manual for more information (ref. H10202-32e-ID-B)
  2. In the ISOStart software provided by FEIG, you can find STMicroelectronics Custom commands in the 0xB1 ISO Host Commands section. There you can find M24LR commands such as Present Password, which translate into the following frame: 02 00 0F FF B1 02 B3 00 01 00 00 00 00 21 7E 

The following code has not been tested but this should put you on the right path:

SetData(FEDM_ISC_TMP_B1_CMD, (UCHAR) 0xB3); // Present Password

SetData(FEDM_ISC_TMP_B1_MFR, (UCHAR) FEDM_ISC_ISO_MFR_STM);

// Other call to set password value

int iStatus = SendProtocol(0xB1);

If you were using Java, I would strongly recommend our ST25 SDK: https://www.st.com/st25sdk

Maybe for your next project?

Regards,

Damien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

FEIG ELECTRONIC supports some ST-custom commands on a selection of their readers. In particular, the following M24LR commands are supported on several devices (ID ISC.LR2000, LR2500, MR/PR101. LR1002, MR102, PRH102 and PRH200):

• RF command code 0xB1: Write Sector Password
  • RF command code 0xB2: Lock Sector Password
  • RF command code 0xB3: Present Sector Password

There are at least two ways to send custom commands using a FEIG ELECTRONIC reader:

1. The easy way to go is to use the FedmIscTagHandler class for the M24LR tag. Check FEIG's C++ FEDM manual for more information (ref. H10202-32e-ID-B)
  2. In the ISOStart software provided by FEIG, you can find STMicroelectronics Custom commands in the 0xB1 ISO Host Commands section. There you can find M24LR commands such as Present Password, which translate into the following frame: 02 00 0F FF B1 02 B3 00 01 00 00 00 00 21 7E 

The following code has not been tested but this should put you on the right path:

SetData(FEDM_ISC_TMP_B1_CMD, (UCHAR) 0xB3); // Present Password

SetData(FEDM_ISC_TMP_B1_MFR, (UCHAR) FEDM_ISC_ISO_MFR_STM);

// Other call to set password value

int iStatus = SendProtocol(0xB1);

If you were using Java, I would strongly recommend our ST25 SDK: https://www.st.com/st25sdk

Maybe for your next project?

Regards,

Damien

Damien G.
ST Employee

Here is the FEIG C++ FEDM manual for your convenience.