cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STC3115 wrong SOC values

pmaly
Associate

I am using STC3115 on a custom hardware. We have followed the reference design as suggested by ST and also used the driver suggested by ST. I am facing the following issues with this setup

1) Sometimes (very rarely) the  STC3115 is not able to detect battery connect disconnect (old battery disconnect - new battery connect) since we use SOC RAM restore, after connecting the new battery ST is still measuring SOC starting from the old battery SOC value. Why is this behavior observed?

2) If I power off the my device (fuel gauge algorithm is frozen) and I charge my battery and power ON the device after some time, again because of the RAM restore the SOC starts with the value before power OFF. And it is not correcting the SOC value. I see there are some registers REG_CC_ADJ_HIGH, REG_VM_ADJ_HIGH, REG_CC_ADJ_LOW, REG_VM_ADJ_LOW, ACC_CC_ADJ (L-H)

ACC_VM_ADJ (L-H) How to use these registers ? Its not clear in the document!!!

3) How can I handle the above two situation without making any change in my Hardware?

This is very critical for my project...please help me out!

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Prasad.

2 REPLIES 2
LHugh
Associate

I am having similar problems to the above question.

36 views and no answers?

If someone has an answer please share. 🙂

Efian.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am Emmanuel from France.

I have also similar issue..

initial post is from 2018, and105 view later no answer ? please is there somebody from ST here ?