cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rewrite RTC registers by ST-link utility, by having .Bin file?

DBara.11
Associate II

Hi, i've a question. I have a STM32F103VCT6 in the device, i need to rewrite the RTC block, which has the start address is 0x40002800 and has size 0x03FF. I try to rewrite it. But I can't to do it. ST-link utility shows error message: Programing error @: 0x40002804. I can't understanding "why". Would you explain me what the reason? What I'm doing wrong? Thank you. And have some utility, which can make changes directly to the MCU from debugger not rewriting it? for example to change any bit directly and to see result in my device?

4 REPLIES 4

For the ST-LINK Utilities you'd likely need to code an external loader to touch peripheral memory spaces, all the parts map differently.

Other debuggers you could use a script to poke arbitrary locations.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks, I have an rs232 programmer(USART), you know? Can I use it to program peripheral memory areas, not just flash programming?

Seem to recall the ROM system loader qualifying the addresses, it can download and execute arbitrary code in SRAM so anything you want to do could technically be achieved.

Why not have your own code provide a console mode to set these things up interactively or accept a .HEX file, etc?​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DBara.11
Associate II

Ok, i 'll try do it. great thank you