cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic application with STM32F46 discovery board

ZMohd.7
Associate III

up loading the default set values in STM32f746 disco on STM32CubeMx, with following checks :

1. Graphics ticked, STEmwin enabled, Guibuilder enabled

2. Corrected the pixel resolutuon 480x272

3. Execute Guibuilder from within StCube

4. FreeRTOS

5. As per STcube manual (UM1718) check CRS, DMA2D, FMC,SDRAM,RCC,LTDC and DSI (all standard activated when loading the 746 Disco default .IOC profile.

I am still not getting any display for some reason. I have tried to disable RTOS as well as any other peripherals in the default setup that is'nt required with no luck. I suspect a clock setup or something that has not been ticked.

Anyone perhaps have a working .IOC 32f746 Disco setup with working StemWin and Guibuilder for me to compare to?

ThanksMd

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZMohd.7​ ,

I invite you to follow this FAQ to start a basic graphical application for the STM32F746G-Discovery board using the STM32CubeMX tool:

FAQ: "STM32F746G-Discovery : Create a basic Graphical Application using CubeMX"

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-STM32F746G-Discovery-Create-a-basic-Graphical-Application-using-CubeMX

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi Imen,

Thank You for replay, provided .ioc file Work Well, But Touch of the LCD is still not working, I referred this link provided by ST https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-Enable-touch-screen-on-the-STM32F746G-Discovery

Implemented as same in given tutorial, but still I am getting two errors in Keil IDE.

Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol HAL_Tim_Base_Init (referred from main.o).

Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol HAL_Tim_Base_Start_IT (referred from main.o).

kindly provided me solution for this problem.

Thanks In advanced!

Regards,

Zafar

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi,

The "Undefined symbol" error means that your application does not include object, source or libraries including this function.

You'd need to ensure HAL_TIM_MODULE_ENABLED is defined, make sure that your project has the right include paths and contains all the required source files from the same tree.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Dear Imen,

Thank You for your prompt response,

Now my Graphics LCD using emWin with Display Touch is working fine. 🙂

Regards,

Zafar