cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper setting a project with STM32F302VD and STM32F30x_StdPeriph_Driver.

PKost
Associate II

Hi ALL,

In file "stm32f30x.h" (and not only in it) exist preprocessor dependent compilation according to symbol defined on project level. There are symbols as STM32F303xC, STM32F302x8 etc., but I can't find something similar to STM32f302VD, STM32f302xD or STM32f302x. I also was not able to find example project with exactly the same mcu to check inside it.

Please advice.

Best Regards,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Lead

I would guess these headers are lost in transition, i.e. the devices were introduced around the time when the SPL was replaced by CubeMX.

PKost
Associate II

Hi AvaTar,

Thank you for your answer.

I installed CubeMX (mentioned in your message) and saw, that project generated for STM32F302VD is with predefined constant STM32F302xE and uses files with names containing "stm32f3xx" instead expected by me "stm32f30x". Also, there are options to use only HAL or LL, but there is no option to use StandardPeriph_Driver. Is this means, that it is not recommended to use StandardPeriph_Driver, but have to switch to HAL or LL?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Peter

PKost
Associate II

Hi,

I found the following - "since the standard peripheral library is not delivered for the most recent STM32 series, the SPL2LL-Converter migration tool is essential to the harmonization of existing applications with the range of new embedded product features and the ecosystem evolution".

That answers my question.

Best Regards,

Peter