cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for connecting a micro SD breakout board to STM32 Nucleo 144

Jeff3
Associate

Hello,

I am currently working on a project for which I need to transmit data from my STM32 Nucleo 144 to micro SD via SPI. I ordered this breakout board to use:

https://www.waveshare.com/micro-sd-storage-board.htm

The board came with a driver, however it is for the STM32F10 series, and as far as I can tell is not easily ported to the STM32F7 series. I found that in the STM32Cube_FW_F7 there is a driver called adafruit_shield_sd.c, which I have tried to implement into my project and it appears to work, however when I try to initialize my sd card I receive an error (BSP_SD_Init returns 0x01, or BSP_SD_ERROR). I cannot tell if this is because I have wired my breakout board incorrectly or because the adafruit driver is incompatible with my breakout board.

If I was confident that I was wiring my board up correctly, troubleshooting this might be going a little smoother but this is my first crack at adding a peripheral to my board.

In CubeMX, I have SPI1 enabled, using:

PA5 = SPI1_SCLK

PA6 = SPI1_MISO

PA7 = SPI1_MOSI

PD14 = GPIO_Output (From what I have seen on the data sheets, this pin corresponds to SPI_CS).

Any guidance as for how I could tackle this challenge would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0