cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IddPdn specification for LIS2DE12

WendtLabs
Associate II

I am designing a product for a client and have selected the LIS2DE12 for it's low power consumption. I have measured the power consumption (standalone), with nothing connected to it to be 160uA with VDD and VDDIO both connected to 3.0V. When I remove VDDIO, the power goes to <1uA. What are the conditions that for IddPdn?

4 REPLIES 4
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

There is internal pull-up on SA0 pin about, I suppose the current is drawn by this resistor and the SA0 pin is connected to GND in your schematic.

To achieve the lowest current consumption please please connect the SA0 pin to VDDIO.

0690X000006CG26QAG.pngNo, I am afraid there is nothing connected to any pin on the schematic. In our product, all pins are connected to a CPU with no external discrete pullups or pull downs. In this test, the CPU was removed entirely, so there is no connectivity to anything but VDD, VDDIO, GND and RES.

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

The CS and SA0 pins needs to be polarized, so if you want to measure the Idd, you have to connect them ideally to VDDIO.

Also the MCU should keep the high state on SDO/SA0 pin when the sensor is not selected (CS = 1) to minimize the current consumption.

WendtLabs
Associate II

Thanks! We will give this a shot!