cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the stvd gets closed when I click on programmer

SBadd
Associate II

I am new to stm8s. I have recently installed stvd on windows 7 32 bit. I have written proper code. Their is no compilation error and build is also successfull. But as soon as I click on programmer a window appears that shows stvd has stopped working. Please help me out from this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TA1
Associate III

Hi

I have exatcly same problem. I cannot solve it and STVD has also some other bugs. STVD is not install and run software unfourtanetly. I have spent a lot of time for some very silly things. However it is free and that is good. It has also some very good features and you will like it. I hope ST solves this kind of problem.

I suggest to not press programmer. Start debug section. It will download code into microcontroller and you can debug your code. When you go back from debug code will run without doing debug.

If you would like to program directly close STVD and open programmer. You can read, write, verify each memory (program, eeprom etc.)

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RDesh
Associate

try replacing this file in the stvd folder.

TA1
Associate III

Hi

I have exatcly same problem. I cannot solve it and STVD has also some other bugs. STVD is not install and run software unfourtanetly. I have spent a lot of time for some very silly things. However it is free and that is good. It has also some very good features and you will like it. I hope ST solves this kind of problem.

I suggest to not press programmer. Start debug section. It will download code into microcontroller and you can debug your code. When you go back from debug code will run without doing debug.

If you would like to program directly close STVD and open programmer. You can read, write, verify each memory (program, eeprom etc.)

Regards,

feicccccccccc
Associate II

Hi,

Same problem here using win10. My silly solution is to use debug mode to flash the program into the chip.

It takes less time to open the STVD programmer.

Cheers.

HDec
Associate II

It worked! how did you modify the file/get it work?

It work!!! Thank You for help with resolve an issue.