cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip Revision Number doesn't match the reference manual document.

SConf
Associate II

The value at the address 0xE004 2000 (DBGMCU_IDCODE) is 0x10006430 which means the revision id is 0x1000.  Per the RM008 Reference Manual the only valid value is 0x1003.  I'm looking in errata document to determine which I2C issues apply to the processor we are using (STM32F103ZG).  Is the document incorrect? Which revision are we using?

6 REPLIES 6

How much memory is reported in the ST-LINK Utilities?

Print 16-bit value at 0x1FFFF7E0

What chip revision is printed on the chips? Production numbers/weeks?

This ID has shown up several times over the years, it could perhaps be an engineering sample, or on one of the EVAL boards, or where ST has shipped different die in lower-feature parts.

You should discuss with the FAE supporting your account.

I would expect it to have most of the early errata. The I2C on the F1 was pretty awful.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I'll go dig some older RM and errata, from the last decade

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Rev 11, April 2010

SConf
Associate II

The flash memory size is ​1024 at 0x1FFFF7E0.  The printed information on the chip is

ZGH6

GQ 259 93 12

CHN GQ 751 A

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @SConf​ ,

The revision ID for  XL-density devices is 0x1000.

This is a typo in the reference manual. I will highlight this internally and this will be fixed as follows:

In XL-density devices:

– 0x1000 = Revision A or 1

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Regarding the revision you're using, you may have it using STLink utility tool or it's marked on the chip.

0690X000006CHYtQAO.png

Khouloud.

I think this is a BGA package, the revision is marked after the year/week code, and it has already been clearly established what the part is reporting, which is consistent with that.

ZGH6

GQ 259 93 12

CHN GQ 751 A