cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-MS connection trouble, both GUI and "New_chat" example project.

mikmary
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using a STEVAL-IDB006V1 and a STEVAL-IDB006V1M as evaluation board. They both mount a BlueNRG-MS.

It seems that the first one could work only as a slave and not as a master, even though it should be both. The return code for aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc() is "command disabled" .

So I made a simple change to the New chat example in order to work with it only as a slave. The "M" version doesn't have problem so it does the master.

Still, the advertisement of the slave it not seen from the master. It didn't even fing other devices with other names, like a BLE bracelet or other things present in the room (which it should see and not start the connection procedure to).

I neither can see any of the two devices from my smartphone, even if I start the aci_gap_set_discoverable() with different advertisement cycles from the GUI. I tried all combinations of all commands, and also using the "ACI utility" tab, but even though there is no error code turning back, nothing is scanned (as master) and neither advertisement is seen (as slave).

In the new chat example they stuck in the loop present in the example:

aci_gap_set discoverable() > wait for a while >aci_gap_set_non_discoverable() -- (SLAVE)

aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc() > wait > aci_gap_terminate_gap_proc() -- (MASTER)

The advertisement event are not seen so the connection procedure doesn't start.

The GUI didn't help in the troubleshooting, since it returns "command disable" for any "go discoverable" command for the STEVAL-IDB006V1 (even the ones that work with the example), and for the STEVAL-IDB006V1M persists the problem of it's invisibility.

could it be a problem with the SPI IRQ, wrong settings (so errors in the datasheet and example) or something for the master?

why can't I see the slave from a smartphone which sees everithing else?

0 REPLIES 0