cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI port availability on STM3221G-EVAL evaluation board

brian239955_stm1
Associate III

I'm starting a project based on the STM32F215 MCU. I'll be interfacing to an SD card with the SDIO interface, as well as an LCD display using SPI. I'm looking at the STM3221G-EVAL as a development platform, because it has the SD card interface available. This board uses the STM32F217, but I don't plan to use the Ethernet or Camera modules, which is what the 217 provides over the 215. However, when I use Cube to start a project using this board as the starting point, it shows all 3 of the SPI ports as unavailable.

Is there any way to get access to any of the 3 SPI ports on this board?

Thanks...

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well probably going to be a challenge, the board is rather busy. You'll want to cross reference the part Data Sheet against the board's pin header and schematic. See if there is any hardware you can disconnect.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/73/ff/20/6d/de/84/43/9a/DM00025234.pdf/files/DM00025234.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00025234.pdf

NUCLEO-144 boards have a reasonably simple interface to SDMMC cards, and SPI via the Arduino header.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Well probably going to be a challenge, the board is rather busy. You'll want to cross reference the part Data Sheet against the board's pin header and schematic. See if there is any hardware you can disconnect.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/73/ff/20/6d/de/84/43/9a/DM00025234.pdf/files/DM00025234.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00025234.pdf

NUCLEO-144 boards have a reasonably simple interface to SDMMC cards, and SPI via the Arduino header.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
brian239955_stm1
Associate III

Thanks Clive - I'm taking your advice and going with the Nucleo-F207ZG. It does look much easier to work with, and gives me access to the 3 SPI ports.