cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Problem running STM32CubeProgrammer

jean-philippe Rey
Associate II

When running the program STM32CubeProgrammer, an error message appears, saying:

"CubeProgrammer_API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling the program of check your java architecture". However I have the lastest JAVA SE Run Time installed.

Any idea?

Windows 10 64-bit

Java:

java version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)

STM32CubeProgrammer version:

[EDITED]1.2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

The issue is fixed with the new STM32CubeProgrammer release V1.2.1.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stm32cubeprog.html

Kind Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @jean-philippe Rey​ ,

This is known issue and will be fixed in the coming release of STM32CubeProgrammer.

Please keep an eye out for the next update!

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
jean-philippe Rey
Associate II

OK, fine. Any idea when the new version will be released?

Well V1.0.0 is relatively dated, the current version is V1.2.0

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jean-philippe Rey
Associate II

My mistake... I actually installed v1.2.0, which caused the issue

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

The issue is fixed with the new STM32CubeProgrammer release V1.2.1.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stm32cubeprog.html

Kind Regards,

Imen.

Thanks
Imen
EArthcOnqUEr
Associate

Hello,

In my case when used release V2.0.0 , this issue was solved after run as administrator.

T_2
Associate

I bumped into the same issue with v2.1.0.

My setup:

App: STM32CubeProgrammer v2.1.0

App Install path: $HOME/STMicroelectronics/

OS: Fedora-30-workstation 64 bit (Linux 5.2.13-200.fc30.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 6 14:30:40 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

JAVA runtime: Sun/Oracle [ JRE - **NOT JDK** ]: JRE 1.8 (jre1.8.0_221)

It looks like the java app is unable to locate the libCubeProgrammer_API.so. This is probably happening as I installed it as a standard non-priviledged user. I assume that the installer would normally link those libs from system lib paths when run as admin.

My workaround was to update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the local install directory.

~/.bashrc:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/lib/

The app came up okay after that with some null pointer exception logged to console but it seems to work. I haven't tried it with the ST-LINK yet..

Hope this helps.

JCobu.1
Associate II

i've tried installing 2.4.0 on a Win10 machine, both as an administrator and as a user. in both cases the end result is that the startup puts up a message box telling me that the API can't be accessed (the same message as above). i've updated all the Java on this machine and i've successfully run this program on a different machine. if this can't be fixed, can somebody at least explain why one environment works and the other doesn't?

thanks,

Jm

Win10 x64 v2.3.0 STM32CubeProgrammer would not work logged in as a non-administrative user, even if you run as administrator.

Updating to v2.4.0 works logged in as a non-administrative user, only if you run as administrator.

Bit dodgy.