cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Serial Terminal is recommended for project SBSFU on MAC and Linux?

Jaanda
Associate II

Hi,

We were able to successfully port STM secure bootloader(SBSFU) on our custom boards. We could demo the firmware update using Teraterm(also extraputty) on windows machine as recommended by STM. But I was not able to update firmware using any of the terminal on linux(tried minicom, cutecom) or MAC(serial). Do you have any recommendation or a possible solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Arjun

5 REPLIES 5

You can try also moserial (it requires the lrzsz package for zmodem/xmodem/ymodem communications).

Jaanda
Associate II

Tried that as well. Did not work. All serial terminals on linux are built i guess based on the lrzsz for modem communications. So the behavior is the same.

What protocol are you using? I remember XMODEM to be quirky, so try the others (if SBSFU can provide you with that option). ZMODEM is the most "recent" and robust.

Jaanda
Associate II

The SBSFU application comes with already implemented YMODEM(1k) protocol. There is no option to change the protocol without implementing from scratch.

steven.murphy
Associate

I would also like to see an example transfer method in linux included in the manual.