cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753 and STM32H743 (the difference)

VK.17
Associate II

I need a development kit/board with STM32H753 MCU.

I find similar - https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-h743zi.html  

And decide to solder STM32H753 instead of STM32H743.

I saw STM32H753I-EVAL, but it is too expensive.

What is the difference between this two MCU`s? I find only information about absence/present of the crypto peripheral module. That is all? Do they pin to pin compatible?

Can`t find any information on ST web-site.

8 REPLIES 8

Same designs with/without hash/crypt type functionality to address import/export issues. Same pin configurations.

>>I saw STM32H753I-EVAL, but it is too expensive

In the scale of commercial development costs, and engineering time, it doesn't really move the needle. I don't think there is a lot of margin here.

If you are a commercial client of STMicro you might be able to get a loaner directly or via distributor/representative.

There might be some H753 NUCLEO boards available through your FAE, otherwise replacing the chip remains a viable option.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @VK.17​ ,

• The STM32H753 and STM32H743 MCUs are pin to pin compatible.
  • The STM32H753 provides the cryptographic acceleration features  (CRYPT and HASH) while STM32H743 devices don't.

Khouloud.

VK.17
Associate II

Does any official document from ST exist, proving this statement?

Good grief...

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32h743-753.html?querycriteria=productId=LN2033

"The STM32H753 integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256 encryption, with support for GCM and CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2) algorithms."

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
VK.17
Associate II

I saw this information, saw that table, compared all pins of this two mcu`s in LQFP144 package. It is look like they are similar.

But I didn`t find any information on ST web-site like - "They are pin to pin compatible". It is similar, but not obvious.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @VK.17​ ,

The two MCUs share the same device ID. So, they are pin to pin compatible. Just by comparing the Pinout tables in the datasheets, you will see this compatibility.

Khouloud.

VK.17
Associate II

Thanks, guys!!!

Not only guys (: