cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate STM32CubeMX project to the latest firmware package version

Alex Farber
Associate III

I am working with CubeMX 4.26.0. All my projects are using the latest firmware package version available on my computer:

Project - Settings - Mcu and Firmware package

Firmware Package Name and Version

STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.21.0

Use Default Firmware Location

C:/Users/username/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0

One project still points to the old version:

Firmware Package Name and Version

STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.18.0

Use Default Firmware Location

C:/Users/username/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.18.0

How can I change firmware version in this project to the latest one?

Every time when I install new STM21CubeMX version and firmware package, and then open existing project, CubeMX suggests to upgrade the project. I always accept this, keeping all projects up-to-date. For this specific project, I probably asked "No", and it still points to the old firmware package. I cannot find a way in CubeMX UI to update firmware package version.

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If you simply want to get the Cube MX prompt to update:

edit the .ioc file. In the line "ProjectManager.AskForMigrate=false" change it to true.

To test how your project works with new library version, you can manually edit your Eclipse or keil project and switch all library files to a new version (ex. 18 to 21). These are just text files.

Generally this is like with updating any other component.... it can fix things. Or break things.

-- pa

Alex Farber
Associate III

Thanks. I really want to get the Cube MX prompt to update. Interesting that in my case AskForMigrate=true, but I don't have this prompt.

thomast777
Associate II

AskForMigrate=true

did not get the promt for me as well.

What worked for me was to edit the following lines to the previous version (4.24.0 in this case):

MxCube.Version=4.24.0

MxDb.Version=DB.4.0.240

--- after the migration, these are now:

MxCube.Version=5.0.1

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.1

and the older

ProjectManager.FirmwarePackage=STM32Cube FW_F1 V1.6.1

is now:

ProjectManager.FirmwarePackage=STM32Cube FW_F1 V1.7.0

@thomast777 Where can i see MxDb.Version of my Cube MX being used. By the way I am using version 6.4.0