cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board support file for STM3240G-EVAL in Keil MDK 5

MRana
Associate II

Hi,

I have asked this question before, but this time with a different aspect.

Board support for STM3240G-EVAL board was available in Keil V4. In Keil V5, it's not available. Is there any way that I can copy some files from V4 installation to V5 installation to enable support for STM3240G-EVAL board in V5 environment as well? I really need to do that.

1 REPLY 1

You should be able to load uV4 projects into uV5

Most of the F4 code/peripheral demos are very portable. You might have to adjust for specific pin/package usage, but this is not an unduly difficult task for an embedded development engineer.

I think the middleware mechanics are a bit more complicating than cutting and pasting a few files. I would recommend looking at working board examples in uV5, and how they are constructed. Keil might also have documentation related to building packages.

For commercial projects discuss with your FAE, and perhaps look to hiring contractors with specific experience.

Previous post for context

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009nK6yFSAS/board-support-package-for-stm3240geval-board

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..