cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating ESP8266 wifi module with STM32F429IGT

Vivek Rajamanickam
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to integrate ESP8266 wifi module with microcontroller ( STM32F429IGT). wifi module (ESP8266) is not responding. when I send the AT command i am receiving the same AT command which I sent instead of getting response message.

Please help me with this issue

19 REPLIES 19
Self.Glenn
Associate III

Try talking to it through a terminal program. Once you know you have a working module, try it on the stm32.

Attach a cro or a logic analyser to see what is actually passing between the two devices. Your stm32 code might not be correctly receiving/parsing the modules strings

Andrew Neil
Evangelist

"when I send the AT command i am receiving the same AT command which I sent"

Sounds like you have ECHO enabled on the ESP - if this is not what you want, then turn it off.

I use ESP-01. When want to setup brand new module:

1. I set the following UART parameters: 115200 baused, 8 bit data, 1 stopbit, no parity
  2. EVERY command you type to the ESP8266 needs CRLF suffix (0x0D, 0x0A ascii codes). Oterwise you will get ONLY ECHO and the command is NOT accepted
  3. Simplest test: AT (and CRLF) at the end

For the basic tests use the terminal emulator, set in terminal option to have the mentioned parameters and CRLF as line terminators.

HEre you have mimicom examples:

sudo picocom /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200 --omap crcrlf --emap crcrlf                picocom v2.2

port is       : /dev/ttyUSB0

flowcontrol   : none

baudrate is   : 115200

parity is     : none

databits are  : 8

stopbits are  : 1

escape is     : C-a

local echo is : no

noinit is     : no

noreset is    : no

nolock is     : no

send_cmd is   : sz -vv

receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E

imap is       :

omap is       : crcrlf,

emap is       : crcrlf,

Type [C-a] [C-h] to see available commands

Don't forget about wiring (but I believe that you problem is related to wrong suffix: lack of CRLF:

VCC   3.0-3.6V(6-220mA)

GND

RESET         I      External reset signal (Low voltage level: Active)

CH_PD(EN)      I      Chip Enable. High(3.6V): On, chip works properly; Low: Off, small current. Should be HI to enable chip.

GPIO0(FLASH)   I/O   General purpose IO, If low while reset/power on takes chip into serial programming mode (NORMALLY NOT CONNECTED)

GPIO1(TX)      I/O   General purpose IO and Serial TXd

GPIO2         

GPIO3(RX)      I/O   General purpose IO and Serial RXd

Vivek Rajamanickam
Associate II

Dear Bogdan Golab,

Thanks for your information we have successfully connected the WIFI module (ESP8266) with our controller ( STM32F429IGT). AT commands are responding except AT+CWJAP. When I tried to connect the module with my WIFI router i am getting some boot error message. I have attached the image for reference please have a look.

My wifi module is AT version 1.3.0.0

SDK version 2.0.0

V1.0.0.3

Please help me to overcome this issue.

I am sorry for delayed reply ( I am not a heavy user of this community nowdays).

Looks like a firmware error (crash or something like this). Try to google this error or/and upgrade the firmware if possible.

Hello Andrew Neil,

I have successfully integrated the wifi module with my controller but now I a facing a problem in sending and receiving the data through Cloudmqtt. Here I have attached the code which I am using for your reference

When I tried to publish a data to Cloudmqtt using CIPSEND command it is showing NO TAIL, Error

Can you help me with this.?

Hello Bogdan Golab,

I have successfully integrated the wifi module with my controller but now I a facing a problem in sending and receiving the data from UART to Cloudmqtt through ESP8266. Here I have attached the code which I am using for your reference

When I tried to publish a data to Cloudmqtt using CIPSEND command it is showing NO TAIL, Error

Can you help me with this.?

No: the command terminator is just CR - not CRLF.

(the extra LF shouldn't actually hurt - but it is not necessary).