cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect angular movement and wake up LIS2DW12

DSqui
Associate II

Hi, I have an LIS2DW12 fitted to a STEVAL-MKI179V1 board. I have it connected to a microcontroller programmed to set an interrupt pin on wake up as per DT0098. The interrupt pin goes high with a light tap in the xy or z axis. However I want it to detect angular movement in any plane due to gravity. How do I achieve this? Is it to do with the HF filter? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

5 REPLIES 5
DSqui
Associate II

I'll have a look Miroslav. I want it to wake up with 1 degree of movement. Thanks, Dave

DSqui
Associate II

Not really what I'm looking for. At the moment using the pseudo code in ST Design Tip DT0098 I get an interrupt output whenever the device accelerates in any axis but it seems to ignore the gravity element.

Tilting the device will not set the interrupt. Am I missing something? Thanks, Dave.

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

I don't know which pseudo code (configuration) you use because there is several examples in the DT0098.

What would be starting position? Do you really need to detect angular movement of 1 degree?

If you want to wake up some device when it moves you don't have to detect exactly one degree tilt.

If you would explain exactly what you want to achieve I can probably advise you souitable sensor configuration.

Vsv.1
Associate II

@Miroslav BATEK​ .

Hi ,

I have found this tag while searching about a solution for tilt angle measurement. I uses LIS2DW12. I have seen that 6D orientation angle is from 45-50 degrees only.

I would like to wake up on minimum angle flexible tilt say 5degree/10 degree . How could I achieve It. Is there any pseudo code for that?. When checked the STmem driver, I have seen that WAKE_UP_THS(34h) for setting threshold values. How I can get interrupt for a tilt value(say 10 degree) for only one axis by setting threshold in this register.

regards,

SV